One of the most frustrating things for a homeowner is their air conditioner breaking down during the hottest and stickiest days of summer. Oftentimes, this happens when you least expect it and can leave your family sweltering in hot temperatures. When this happens, you may wonder should I repair my AC unit or replace it?
A few guidelines to follow when making this decision are:
1. Determine the age of your AC unit by examining its model number. If it is more than 10 years old, it may be time for a new one.
2. Check your home’s cooling load with an online calculator or contact an HVAC contractor to determine if your heating and cooling system can keep up with your home’s demands. If the load is too great for your AC unit, you may want to get a new one before summer hits.
3. Read reviews of different AC service providers in your area from sites like Google and Yelp. Get quotes from three different contractors and decide which company will provide the best value for your money.
4. Schedule AC repairs during spring, before the summer heat arrives. This can prevent your AC unit from breaking down at the worst possible time. You will have plenty of time to get repairs done and be prepared for the upcoming hot weather.
5. If you are considering buying a new AC unit, do so in the springtime when prices are lower. Also, consider purchasing a new unit with energy efficiency in mind to reduce your utility expenses over the summer months.
With these few tips, you can determine whether or not it is time for an AC replacement. If you do decide on repairs, make sure to schedule them ahead of time so that your family will be comfortable all summer long without a surprise breakdown.
Why You Should Hire An AC Repair Service
Since ACs are electronic units, you might need to hire an AC Repair Contractor if it starts having problems. These can actually be quite expensive to repair by yourself since you will have to buy the tools needed in order to open your unit and work on it.
If you want to save money, then hiring a professional AC Repair Contractor is the best way to go. Another thing that you need to consider is that ACs can be quite dangerous if you try to repair them by yourself and even more dangerous if you do not know anything about them at all.
If you hire a professional AC Repair Contractor they will examine your AC and tell you what exactly is wrong with it. They will also tell you what can be done about the problem, whether it is something that they are able to fix or if they have to order parts or whatever.
Call An AC Repair Expert Fast!
When your AC starts having problems you might immediately feel hot which is not good for your health at all. Sometimes, even when the air conditioning unit is turned on but it’s broken or something, it will still give you a hard time as the air that is being produced will not be cooled at all and this can cause a lot of problems to those who live in those conditions for too long.
When you decide to hire an AC Repair Contractor, your unit will be fixed quickly and many times the repair work can be done without having to remove the whole unit from wherever it is. This means that your place won’t turn into a sauna during those hot summer days which is very good and should definitely not be missed out on!
Hiring an AC Repair Contractor should only take you a few minutes and it will actually save you money and time as well, so it is something that you should do in order to get the best results.
In case you have a problem with your air conditioning unit and want to repair it by yourself, call a repair expert instead. They will fix your AC for a reasonable price!